With so much to see and do in Glasgow this New Year, minibus hire in Glasgow is an easy and excellent way to kick-start your celebrations!
They say you should start your year as you mean to go on. If this is true, you need an exciting and thrilling way to enter into 2017. There are so many ways to celebrate the new year in Glasgow; live music, a delicious dinner, or even a grand firework display. No matter what type of celebration you want, you’ll be sure to find it in Glasgow.
The great news is that wherever you want to go, you can be sure that Extra Mile’s minibus hire with a driver in Glasgow can get you there swiftly and comfortably. Take a look at some the amazing events we could take you in one of Scotland’s greatest cities.
Family Events in Glasgow at New Year
George Square is the best place to bring your family on New Year’s Eve. If you missed some of the amazing firework displays on Bonfire night, you needn’t worry, as New Year’s Eve offers another great firework display. George Square hosts a colourful and spectacular firework show at 10pm, meaning you can get home and tuck the little ones into bed if they get sleepy before the clock strikes the beginning of 2017. Live music, face painting and traditional Scottish food and drink are also available to suit everybody’s taste throughout the afternoon and evening.
Parties in Glasgow on New Year’s Eve
If you’re in the mood for some dancing and drinking on New Year’s Eve, there are endless events to pick from. What’s more, minibus taxi hire in Glasgow means you can party until late and feel at ease knowing your driver can pick you up in the early hours of 2017. We’ve hand-picked two of the best nights you can attend.
- Waxy O’Connors: If you want a night of rock ‘n’ roll, head down to Waxy O’Connors. Tickets are just £10 for a night of music, dancing, food and a complimentary drink on entry. As an Irish pub, you can be sure to have Guinness on tap, as well as other drinks all night long.
- Sub Club: Party until 4am in one of Glasgow’s best nightclubs: Sub Club. Tickets come in at just under £30 but for if you’re looking for floor-filling electronic dance music to see you into 2017, this is the place to be.
Best Places to Eat in Glasgow at New Year
Glasgow is known for having an array of delicious dining, so if you’re a food lover, what better way to celebrate the new year than some great food?
- Ubiquitous Chip: Known as one of Glasgow’s finest Scottish restaurants, it’s no doubt that Ubiquitous Chip is hosting a New Year’s Eve feast. Starting at 7pm, you can expect live music and a seven-course meal.
- The Dhabba: Offering exquisite North Indian cuisine, The Dhabba is the perfect place to spend your New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day celebrations. With a special menu spanning over Christmas and New Year, be sure to book in advance to make sure you can taste the mouthwatering food available.
- Rogano: An art deco restaurant with quality cuisine, Rogano is another top choice in Glasgow, offering local fish along with other freshly prepared delights. The restaurant is closed on New Year’s Day but offers dinner on New Year’s Eve, so be sure to book your table now.
Minibus Hire with a Driver on New Year’s Eve
Whatever you decide to do this New Year, you want to enjoy yourself without the stress of planning how to get to and from venues. Minibus hire in Glasgow makes things so much easier, and we here at Extra Mile Coaches pride ourselves on being a reliable and professional service. Let our drivers take you wherever you need to go while you’re seeing in the new year in style.
Extra Mile Coaches offers minibus and coach hire in Glasgow. We’re a family-run company and know the importance of keeping days out stress-free, so we go the extra mile in making sure our services are the best. Call us on 07870 729957 to get a free quote for your new year plans.
Image via Michel Curi / Flickr